Skip to content
- Encourage her to get to know her baby and trust her instincts.
- Encourage her to feed her baby when he communicates that he is ready to eat.
- Encourage on-demand feeding instead of timed feedings or scheduled feedings. Remember “8 or more in 24.”
- Encourage feeding with feeding cues instead of offering pacifiers and supplements that can interfere with baby communicating with mom.
- If mom is concerned, suggest she call her Lactation Consultant. Moms wants reassurance that breastfeeding is ok, and if it’s not, she wants help fixing breastfeeding.